Monday, April 20, 2009 by Rebecca

Not much climbing - just more lifting.

Sleep:
12:10 - 7:30 - not QUITE enough, but close.

I had a 5pm appointment to get my Brows threaded - which I have never had done before - and it turned into this traumatic emotional experience. It made me cry uncontrollably, and it didn't occur to me until about 2 hours later that it was because I am PMS-ing. Duh. Note to self: DO NOT get painful proceedures done when hormones are raging. It will end badly. The sweet lady who was inflicting such terrible torture on me took it very well, and was incredibly good natured about the whole thing.

Anyway, by the time I got to the gym, I was not feeling much like doing much of anyhting. I had the beginnings of a terrible headache, and just felt completely emotionally wrung out. I spent a good chunk of time just gabbing with other CFEB-ers - it was so hot that none of us really felt like working very hard.

I did 1 5.9 climb that went just fine, except that I got a HORRIBLE foot cramp afterwards, and so that was pretty much it for the climbing. So I decided to work on my deadlifts some more instead.

Deadlifts:

15 x 45#
5 x 95#
5 x 95#
5 x 95#
5 x 115#
5 x 115#
5 x 125# (not quite consecutive - back to bad form on #3 & 4 - paused and reset for #5)
5 x 125# (not quite consecutive - got first 3 and then had to break after #4 and #5)

I got nice compliments on my form. My hamstrings just get tired very quickly, and refuse to fire. I am sure that working these often will be a good thing for me.

Food:
8:00 - 5 oz black coffee
12:30 - cottage cheese, etc.
4:20 - 4 oz rosted chicken with 1/4 cup sauted broccoli, 4oz milk
6:30 - 12oz milk
9:15 - large serving chicken marsala, and 1cup (or more?) steamed asparagus with garlic aioli, 30oz milk

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough day... that eyebrow threading sounds painful! :) Way to go on those deadlifts!

YPA said...

Bunny, that was interesting.... what really matters is that you look like a million bucks!

Post a Comment