Wednesday, April 1, 2009 by Daniel

Fight Gone Bad!

For all the crazy variations we do in the FGB format, we don't actually do FGB all that often...or maybe I've just missed it, as I haven't actually done a plain-vanilla FGB since FGB III back in September. It was a long time ago, and I scored 239 with an injured ankle. This time, I set my sights considerably higher: 300, the fabled domain of the "advanced" athlete. It, uh...didn't quite work out that way.

Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

ExerciseSet 1Set 2Set 3
SDHP 75#252520
Box Jump 20"
202020
Push-Press 75#
151510
Row202015
Wall-Ball 20#201713


275 RX

Still a PR by 36 points, so I'm fairly happy with it. If I can do that again NEXT time, I'll be in 300 land.

My strategy was to start at a 300 pace and hold it as long as I could. Turns out that was just shy of 2 full rounds, and then I had to drop back down to a 225 pace. The 300 pace is brutal! Max was riding me for most of the last round, and I probably owe about 15-20 points to his encouragement - I was really seeing stars by the end of it.

My weakness is still clearly the push-presses - I just don't have a great deal of push strength or endurance. I'm working on it with this strength routine, but it's slow going.

No comments:

Post a Comment