Wednesday, March 11, 2009 by Daniel

Dismal failure

Man, I don't know WHAT went wrong this morning, but it was a train wreck. We had plans for the evening (more on that later), so I decided to try and knock out the WOD in the morning before work at home.

Complete as many rounds as you can in twenty minutes of:
5 Handstand Push-ups
10 L Pull-ups
15 Steps, Walking Lunge

THREE FUCKING ROUNDS

It was bad from the get-go. While warming up, I couldn't even squat without falling over. Everything was tight and sore, and I had a nasty headache every time I bent over (the HSPU's were a joy). Maybe it was the cold, maybe it was too early in the morning and my body was just too tight, I don't know. But nothing was working, and when the phone rang 16 minutes in, I basically said "fuck it" and picked up the phone. Chalk this one up as one that got away.

1 comment:

YPA said...

Dude - that is extremely uncool. I notice that if you're used to working out at the end of the day, it's super hard to get going in the morning. My body is used to beginning a WOD with a certain amount of heat and energy already flowing. If I try something in the morning, I'm like lead. Sometimes I play tennis at 5:30 am and it's a totally different game. If you have to or want to try it again, I would suggest a nice hot shower and a longer warm up. And modified expectations.

Post a Comment