Saturday, February 7, 2009 by Daniel

Fat DNF

I was really not feeling it today. Although I wasn't sore from the deadlifts, just the prospect of this workout filled me with dread.

Five rounds for time of:
2 pood Kettlebell swings, 25 reps
25 Sit-ups
25 Supermans
25 Knees to Elbows

DNF in the third round

I stopped because something funky was happening to my right wrist on the swings. It was clicking, and hurting on the downswing - I think the yanking from the KTE's plus the swings was stressing it out. With ~75 more reps of each to go, it did not strike me as a good idea to keep going. I went through the typical spiral of self-doubt and criticism afterward, but I so rarely DNF that I don't feel too bad.

1 comment:

Ev said...

Same as with Bekka: good call on listening to your body. I wonder what did that funkiness to your wrist? Had you been climbing a lot, maybe?

Post a Comment