Saturday, January 24, 2009 by Daniel

Rassafrassin' Double-unders

Only went half-volume for the morning workout, which is ultimately probably a good thing - though I always feel like a bum when I finish 10 minutes before everyone else.

AMRAP in 20 minutes
5 Push-Up
10 Sit-Up
15 Jump Squats

9 rounds in 10 minutes

After a long, pleasant lunch at Bacheeso's, it was back to the gym for the afternoon Firebreather WOD.

50 Double-Under
25 Kettlebell Swing, 2P/1.5P
50 Double-Under
25 Kettlebell Clean & Jerk 1.5P/1.0P
50 Double-Under
25 Kettlebell Snatch 1.5P/1.0P

16:21 RX

As expected, the worst part was the jerks. I did the swings and snatches 10-10-5, but the C&J's were sets of 5, and took much longer. It's technically the same amount of work as a snatch, but with less power, and I vastly prefer the snatches. I feel really solid with my KB snatches. It's gratifying to be really good at ONE movement, at least - particularly since everything else still needs so much work.

...speaking of which, my time on this would have been VASTLY better if I had reliable double-unders that I could chain together. Why, oh why will these not come to me?

2 comments:

Ev said...

Keep working on it. They'll get better. Do you have your own rope? You really need to have a decent rope that's the right length so you can have that constant. As for the kettlebell stuff, you're quite good at that! Great work!

Jenn said...

Ditto what Evelyn said about the rope. I borrowed a speed rope from a boxer at the Y a little while back - OMG, what a difference that made. I went from a DU/SU pattern to being able to string about 5-6 together consistently.

Now I need to buy my own rope. :p

Post a Comment