Monday, November 24, 2008 by Rebecca

Social Climbing, #2

5.9 (c-) 10a (f+) 5.7(c) 5.9 (c-)

This is going to be a quick post because I am behind, and this actually happened almost a week ago. I'd say I had an OK climbing night, but there were an odd number of us, which meant that there was some amount of waiting around - which was fine since I was pretty sore from the week's WODs, and I knew I had to go home and continue working on a project for work, and so I wasn't able to just fully relax and have a good time.

The first 5.9 is a super friendly one on the east wall and I'm calling it a c- because I slipped at one point, and my belay was tight enough that my harness caught me before my arms did, but I never let go of the wall, and I think I would have been able to recover on my own. It was a nice way to warm up.

The second climb i tried was pink 10a on the south wall that has a very tricky start. I fell a lot tryingto get through that part of it, but once I got past it, I did well on the rest.

the 5.7 is a fun one that traverses a large part of the west wall, and goes up a dihedral, and even has a bit of an overhang. I climbed this one clean, even managing to get over the overhang part I fell on the last time I tried this climb.

The last 5.9 was a black one on the east wall - I think it was a (c-) as opposed to a c, but I can't remember for sure. It was also pretty friendly ... challenging enough to feel like you're working, but no impossible moves, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment