Wednesday, November 12, 2008 by Rebecca

Fight gone inverted ... or not.

Warm up: I was 10 minutes late to class - so - none >.< WOD:
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Burpees (Reps)
Pull-Ups(Reps)
Inverted Burpees (Reps)
KB Swings 1.5 P/1.0P (Reps)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep.

Results:


Round 1
Round 2
Total
Burpees
10
8
18
KB Swing
19
10
29
Wall Ball
4
4
8
Burpees
7
7
14
Pullups
25
23
48
Total
65
52
117

Comments:
Except for the wall ball, I am pretty happy with how this went. I am sad I did not get to do three rounds, but that was my fault for being late to class. (and, frankly, I wasn't too sad at the end of round 2 that that was my last round). The class was ridiculously full. In fact, the whole gym was packed today. it was weird.

I did burpees twice instead of the inverted burpees because I've never kicked up into a handstand before, and i didn't have time to try it before class started and I wasn't going to try it for the first time in a ridiculously jam packed class where I might fall over and injure someone else, not to mention whatever damage I might do to myself in the process.

I was pretty excited to get 10 burpees in the first round and even 8 in the second (third?) ... I've never managed to get more than 7 in a 1 minute round.

I was pretty happy with my 19 KB swings in the first, round too - i believe the last 15 or so were consecutive. I was using the full RX weight of 35#.

The jumping pullups were easy to do quickly, and is clearly where most of my volume came from. I really haven't been working on finally getting my pullup much lately, and I need to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment