Wednesday, October 29, 2008 by Daniel

Let's call this one "Alex"

Since Max admitted to making it up specifically for him:

Three Rounds:
Run 800 Meters
21 Jump Squats
15 Kettlebell Swings 1.5 P/1P
9 Front Squats 1.5 P/1P
6 Kettlebell Push-Ups

19:46 RX

(Well, I did diamond pushups instead of KB pushups. They didn't seem any easier, just less dangerous)

Splits were 6:07 | 6:42 | 6:56

This was a real lung-burner. Apparently this week is about improving running speed and capacity. Joy. The hard part for me, interestingly, was the KB Swings. Everything else felt like it was over pretty quickly (well, not the running), but I just found myself dreading the swings and they felt like they took forever. Dunno why, really.

4 comments:

Ev said...

I was wondering about the KB pushups. One bell sounds unstable. Diamond is w/ two hand close together...I'm guessing? Good time on this, despite your issues w/ kb swings. Do you find that you dread certain exercises and end up psyching yourself out?

Ev said...

Totally don't worry about the vouchers. I knew I'd be hard pressed to get rid of them between CFEB folks and co-workers. I agree, it is BATSHIT! I love it. Also, I am diggin your blog list. Good stuff! Melissa is friggin hilarious and looking "fit as fuck."

Daniel said...

I do dread certain exercises, and think I rest a bit longer than I should leading up to them, just psyching myself. It's a bad habit.

Diamond pushups: make a diamond by touching your thumbs and forefingers. Do pushup. It feels very odd.

Melissa Urban said...

Running followed by jump squats? That's just mean. Looks like an ass-kicker... literally. Nice work! I wish I could come help you with the KB - I'm betting a few tiny form tweaks and you'd be swinging like butter.

Post a Comment