Friday, October 10, 2008 by Daniel

HIIT and climbing

Surprisingly sore today, considering I was at half-weight for last night's WOD. Mainly in the traps - I suspect it was the cleans. Anyway, due to the recovery week, I resolved to stick to vert and positive climbs, and avoid any big overheads and negatives. Unfortunately, at Ironworks that leaves...about 4 climbs.

* 16 hour fast *

Sprint-8 on rower: 2,990
Climbing: 5.9, 10b(o), 10c(f), 10b(f), 10a/b(rp)

Climbing felt pretty good, actually. Ankle didn't really bother me, which was great, and my shoulder only twinged a few times. It's become an angle thing - effort at the wrong angle hurts, but if I relax and shake it, something kind of clicks into place and the pains stops. I really don't know what that means.

I think I need to work a little harder during my recovery minute. 26SPM is probably too low - I should try to keep it above 30, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment