Friday, October 17, 2008 by Rebecca

Climbing - too long off the wall and not enough to eat == BAD

5.9(dnf) 5.8(f) 5.7(f) 5.9(f)

Wow what a crappy climbing night. There were two main reasons for this. Reason A) all I ate all day was a piece of toast with cashew butter and coffee and a handful of trail mix (so, so stupid). Reason B) I've been on the wall exactly twice in the last 5 weeks, and not a whole lot more often before that either, so all of my hard learned technique is going out the window.

I've sort of been under the assumption that getting better at crossfit just == getting better @ climbing. and the reality is that getting better @ crossfit = getting stronger, and while better strength definitely helps, crossfit does not actively work my forearms and, getting better @ climbing will only happen with more climbing.

I am hereby resolving that going forward I WILL find time to go climbing no less than once a week, and I will actively try to go more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment