Monday, October 20, 2008 by Rebecca

Back to climbing!

Climbing:
5.7(c) 5.9(c) 5.8(c) 5.9(f) 5.9(dnf)

This was a lot of fun. I have to agree with Daniel, it felt like old times - before I broke my finger, and before Crossfit when climbing was the most fun thing we did - and it hasn't for a long long time. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

It was extremely satisfying to climb three clean climbs, and the fall on the 4th was at a massive overhang where the geometry of the move just escaped me. I don't feel bad about not making it. The last climb - well - my callouses are not what they were, and it juts hurt my hands too much to hang on to the holds. I'd like to try it again when I am fresher, though I think it will still be a tricky climb for me.

I've lost a lot of technique, but I am confident that it will come back quickly. I am looking forward to the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment