Wednesday, September 17, 2008 by Daniel

Murph Gone Bad

Morning workout
66 Burpees, sets of 10
(2/3 of the way through...chronologically!)


And then, as if Murph wasn't bad enough, tonight we did:
"Murph Gone Bad"

Run One Mile
100 calorie row
100 wall-ball 14#
100 KB SDHP 24KG
100 box jumps 20" Box
100 push-press 45#
Run one mile

56:31 RX

Unfortunately my watch reset itself in my bag, so I don't have the splits. My first run was 7:40 or so, my second was ~10. That puts my average round at about 8 minutes, I think (I did five sets of 20 reps).

This was about 16 minutes faster than my last Murph, and while it was very hard, I don't think it will knock me on my ass like that one did. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I did have the same experience in the final mile of a certain numbness creeping into my lips. I'm not sure what this means - I think I may have read it indicates severe strain on the CNS. I'll have to ask around to see if it's something to be worried about. That last mile is a massive, painful, insulting bitch. I think I'll nickname it "the Palin mile."

No comments:

Post a Comment