Wednesday, August 13, 2008 by Daniel

Fran mashup of pain

This didn't go so well.

For time:
20 Sit-ups
20 Supermen
95 pound Thrusters, 30 reps
50 Pull-ups

60 Sit-ups
60 Supermen
95 pound Thrusters, 20 reps
35 Pull-ups

100 Sit-ups
100 Supermen
95 pound Thrusters, 10 reps
20 Pull-ups


DNF in 36:07 (2 rounds). 2 x 30# dumbbell thrusters.


I knew pullups were a real weakness of mine, particularly in bulk. Turns out thrusters are, too. I could probably have stuck it out for another 20 minutes to finish the third round, but I was feeling plenty smoked as it was.

In the 5 o'clock class before us, James was doing the thrusters at 95#. I tried one to see how it was, and it was really heavy. 45 of those for level 2 is a long ways away, and I clearly need to do more thruster work - I don't have enough explosive power out of the squat to really help with the press overhead, it's all too slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment