Sunday, July 27, 2008 by Rebecca

Climbing at Mission Cliffs - not my best day

Warmup: mobility exercises & 14 burpees

5.9(f) 5.9/10.a(f) 5.9(f) 5.10a(f)

Yep - that's right; I didn't make it up a single climb clean. :ranting2:

I'd like to blame some of it on yesterday's Jeremy- and my shoulders WERE rather sore and tired, but my technique was for $#!t too, and I just think I haven't been climbing enough. Also, It was an overcast day, but surprisingly warm and muggy, and in a warehouse type location, the higher you go, the hotter it gets. Ick. It makes it harder to 'stick' to the wall.

The first 5.9 was kind of a joke, I basically fell my way up it. Probably should have started with a 5.7 or 5.8.

The 5.9/10a was pretty good, I mostly just had a hard time getting around a corner, and then i got tired near the top. I think i had 2 takes on that climb.

The third 5.9 was totally within my reach, i was just unfamiliar with it, and fatigued. At one point I accidentally used a hold from a different route and got confused, and that was one fall ... and then i think there was a take a little higher up - but that was mostly due to fatigue i think.

The final 10.a was going REALLY well until about 2/3 up the climb when i hit a crux that absolutely stumped me, and i just struggled my way up the rest of the climb ... this was certainly the tallest climb of the day - close to 60 or 70 ft - and the crux impasse i reached would practically have been the top of a shorter climb ... but still - the climb most certainly was NOT clean. It probably took me 20 minutes to get through it - but i did eventually reach the top - thanks to some help from my belay partner. Thanks Katherine .... :o

No comments:

Post a Comment