Wednesday, June 25, 2008 by Daniel

Wednesday Weigh-in

What went in:
Avg daily calories: 3256
Fat: 155g - 42%
Carb: 259g - 29% (44 fiber)
Protein: 210g - 26%
Alcohol: 9g - 2%

Workout Summary:
2.5x climbing
2x strength (5x5)
2x CF strength-endurance

Note: NO serious metcon work, except for the one mile I ran

What came out:
Weight: 177 (0)
BF: 9% (0)
Chest: 38 (-0.25)
Arms: 11.75 (0)
Hips: 38.25 (+0.25)
Waist: 32.5 (0)
Thighs: 21.75 (0)
Calves: 14.5 (-0.25)
Forearms: 10 (+0.25)
Shoulders: 46.25 (+0.25)

Analysis
Nearly 500 more calories a day and over 200g/protein, and still the needle didn't move. I think in order to gain I'm going to have to go over 3500 cal/day. It's difficult to push the protein and fat without pushing the carbs up too, though. I could definitely still be better about my morning toast and the Builder bars, though.

Looking Forward
I'm torn. I think I would really like to get my waist down to 32". It seems an attainable goal, one that shouldn't be far off. However, the weights are getting heavy in my 5x5's, and I could really use some more muscle to keep pace, or else I'm going to stall out. So which is it? Drop that last .5" off my stomach, or add another 500 cal/day into the mix to try and get the weight to go back up again?

Maybe I can do both, if I can get the carbs down to 150g/day. OK, so this week I resolve to keep my protein up over 200g/day, but drop the carbs. Don't really know the best way to cut that, though - toast is only 18g, a builder bar is 26g... a LOT of my carbs are coming from milk, which I don't really want to give up. The rest are coming from beans, mainly - weekly burrito, chili, etc. Guess I'll just do the best I can.

2 comments:

MBL100 said...

Why in the world would you want to lose bodyfat? You are slim Dude. Don't get all anorexic on us! You could try Coach Rip's six week 1 gallon of whole milk a day method. You might have to put on muscle, then take off fat. I think if you just keep doing what you are doing it will work, however if you TRULY want bigger muscles (not just more strength), change you 5x5s into 5x7s (you will clearly have to scale back the weight).

Daniel said...

Ashamed to say it, but pure vanity. I've never had a six-pack, and want one for at least one summer in my life...

Post a Comment