Wednesday, June 25, 2008 by Daniel

The Crossfitalypse


Due to the wildfires all over the state, air quality is TERRIBLE - and it's only supposed to get worse. Perfect day to run!

Four Rounds For Time:
Run 800 Meters
10 55#/35# Kettlebell Snatch Left
10 55#/35# Kettlebell Snatch Right

19:44, with 35# KB.


Frustrating, because this weight was just too light, and hardly any effort. However the next size up, 20kg, was OK with my right hand but uncomfortably sketchy with my left. It felt unsafe, and I don't like feeling unsafe while flinging large metal weights over my head. Hopefully soon I'll be able to go to a heavier weight.

The running was fine, except for the burning sensation in my throat from all the smoke in the air. Pretty sure it slowed me down. The splits were: 4:44 | 4:52 | 5:15 | 4:53

Not super consistent, but not too bad, I suppose.

Tried weighted pullups afterward with a 35# plate. I was able to do both a pullup and a chinup, but they were quite hard. No way I could do 60# (1.3 bw, for the skill level), so there's another thing to work on.

1 comment:

MBL100 said...

Link added at http://crossfiteastbay.com

Post a Comment