Tuesday, March 11, 2008 by Daniel

Hang Squat What?

Hang squat clean 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps

Never having done HSC's before, and wary of injury to my knee, I decided to follow the "dawg" advice and do these with a stick in order to practice the form. It felt goofy to be working with essentially no weight, and I think the balance is actually harder without the weight to pull you forward, but holy cow these hurt anyway. I thought I had strong quads from all the cycling, but have avoided full-ROM leg exercises because of my knee. I could barely walk afterward, but still went ahead and did Noel's spin class (970 calories, avg HR 88%, max 97%) and walked home with a weighted pack. My legs are shot today, so I won't be running. I'm hoping that the weather will be nice enough on Friday that I can try it then.

I am concerned about my knees on this sort of exercise. My right knee sounded like crumpling paper when I dropped for the squat, although there was no pain. I may try to come up with a substitute that doesn't use the full ROM when facing these sorts of exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment