Wednesday, August 4, 2010 by Daniel

Pretty easy metcon

In sympathy, I suppose, for our busted backs and shoulders from the last couple days, Max programmed this relatively lightweight metcon for today:

Four rounds for time:
  • Run 300m
  • 50 Double-unders
  • 50 Sit-ups (subbed 25 GHD situps)
19:54

I didn't do this with the class, but at GWPC (had a client). I figured since I was doing it on my own, I might as well use the GHD to prevent Bleeding Ass Syndrome from the high-rep sit-ups and to take advantage of the full ROM. GHDs are definitely much harder than regular sit-ups. I don't know if they're TWICE as hard, but it's definitely a lot scarier to feel like you're going to fail a rep.

First round was 4 minutes, last round was 6 minutes, two middle rounds were essentially 5. Didn't have any trouble with the DU's until the last round, which was unusually tricky - maybe because of the wobbly core?

No comments:

Post a Comment