Thursday, May 28, 2009 by Daniel

Strength Cycle Week 11, part 1

Satisfying night at the gym, as the benchmarks continue to accumulate.

Back Squat x 5: 150 - 175 - 200(pr)
Back Squat x 21: 150 (unbroken)
Bench Press x 5: 115 - 135 - 157(pr)
Bench Press x 21: 120F (15-6)

The squats weren't too shabby, though the last rep or two felt quite hard. I'm consciously trying to avoid pulling down on the weight, but it's a hard habit to break. I'm very happy to FINALLY make a PR on the bench, and would dearly love to get 160x5 next week, but honestly I'd be surprised if it happened - I really seem to have stalled out on the bench press.

In honor of breaking into the 200 club, here's a video of some of tonight's effort. The air squats at the end are for the benefit of some forum folks whom I am asking for help in improving my lumbar extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment