Thursday, January 29, 2009 by Daniel

5x5 Squats and Ring Dips

Biked down to the gym after work to squeeze in a set of 5x5's before heading back for opening night.

Back Squat, x 5: 95-135-165-165-165-165-165
Ring Dips: 3-3-3-3-3

The squats felt really heavy, and like I might fail on the last rep of the last set. I really need to video these, as I feel my form is falling to shit, and it seems that I should be able to squat more than this without so much difficulty, so (I'm hoping) my form is the limiting factor.

Ring dips. OK, I knew I was bad at ring dips, but apparently I continually overestimate my ability at them, because I had fantasies of trying the FIFTEEN required for level II. Ha! I can do THREE before I fall apart, and those aren't even full ROM. Clearly these need a great deal of work. It's embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment