Thursday, December 11, 2008 by Daniel

Murph

Every time this workout comes up, it cripples me. I haven't done a full one since the August debacle, when we did it the day after we came back from vacation, which turned out to be a Bad Idea of staggering proportions. Literally: we were staggering for days. However, that was my first (and, until last night, last) full-volume RX Murph, and I was proud simply to have done it.

This time went much better.

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

56:56 RX+
(PR by 15:17, and I accidentally did 21 rounds!)

This went really well, actually. Turns out I either didn't press my lap button, or just didn't press it hard enough, so I wound up doing one too many rounds (oops!), so in reality this time should even be a couple minutes faster. As with last time, the limiting factor was the push-ups. The pullups were not terribly difficult done Cindy-style, and before I got exhausted I was even able to string them together. I think the bar at GWPC is easier to kip on for me, for some reason. My form really fell apart on the pushups about halfway through, but at that point it was either crap-pushups or no-pushups. The squats were EASY - rather than use them as a rest, I did them quite fast, and they never gave me any trouble. The transitions were somewhat tricky due to a full class and not a lot of real estate to do the stuff.

But what I was really happy about was the second mile. Normally, I'm too exhausted to actually run the whole thing, and my time is terrible. This time it was only a little over a minute longer than my first mile, I ran the whole thing, and even managed to sprint the last 200m! Damn near killed me, though.

Splits:
6:43
1:29
1:25
1:38
1:52
1:54
1:50
1:52
4:53
1:58
2:12
1:57
2:10
2:26
2:31
2:20
2:24
2:01
2:02
1:49
1:44
7:51

No comments:

Post a Comment