Monday, November 3, 2008 by Daniel

Another week begins

Since the weekend was pretty low-key, I felt I couldn't flake out on my HIIT, so this morning was...

100 burpees, sets of 10 - yay!

Then, this evening I took advantage of a lull in the rain to ride down to IW to join Rebecca for some climbing:

5.9(o), 5.10b(o), 10c(f+), 10b/c(o)

I've been afraid of that 10c ("Crackity Jones") for some time. It starts out with a BIG roof on not-so-big jugs, then about 15 feet of negative, then another 15 feet of balancey vertical when you're completely pumped. And yeah, it was about as hard as I was afraid it was going to be. At least I didn't tarzan off the start. The other climbs were all straightforward and not too challenging. There are a couple other c's I have my eye on, but there are like NO 10d's at Ironworks right now. Two that I can think of, one of which I want to do and the other just looks mean. But I really should be stepping up to the d's again - my ankle and shoulder are well enough. No more excuses.

It was great to watch Rebecca tackle a pumpy 9 and a 10a that (in my opinion) would have been totally beyond her a few months ago. She's really getting better.

Big day tomorrow! Gobama!

2 comments:

Ev said...

You're letting those climbs stare ya down, methinks. Don't take it, Daniel! Make up your mind that they're not the boss of you! This is all speculation. I could be full of shit ;)

Rebecca said...

LOL @ Evelyn. You're a funny girl.

Post a Comment