Saturday, July 26, 2008 by Daniel

Jeremy

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Overhead squats
Burpees

11:58, 30# OHS

Splits (for what it's worth): 5:19 | 4:10 | 2:29

I felt pretty embarrassed with this weight, to be honest, but I have practically NO experience with OHS, and Max told me I should just take my time and really concentrate on form and depth, which is what I did. Really, the problem was not the weight - it was shoulder flexibility and technique. Around halfway through the second round, I started actually getting proper depth and form, and the weight didn't really feel heavy at all - most of what I was feeling was just my shoulders and wrists bitching about the angles they were working at. I think I could do proper OHS with an empty Oly bar, and should be doing them from time to time to work on the form and flexibility that's required.

No comments:

Post a Comment