Sunday, June 22, 2008 by Daniel

A Mile in My Shoes

I'm feeling really wrecked today from yesterday's workout, primarily the KB Swings. Pretty much everything between my neck and my waist hurts - I haven't been this sore in some time. So it was with some relief that we skipped today's CF class and went climbing with Katherine and Blake instead.

However, Max charged me with some homework yesterday after class: run a mile as fast as you can. Which I diligently performed this morning, to the tune of:

6:12.4

Which means I have another level II skill to cross off! And I'm damn close to level III. Although considering how hard I pushed today, those 12 seconds seem pretty tough to beat. Maybe if I did it at a proper track so I didn't have to turn around or worry about sharp corners, dodging potholes, etc, I could shave off a few seconds. At any rate, I'll take it.

Climbing: 10a, 10b(o), 10c(f), 10d(f+)

The d was a really technical bit of slab on the back wall, with complicated reverse-stem turnarounds, etc - I probably should do it a lot more, as it was really pushing my comfort levels.

1 comment:

MBL100 said...

At a track you would hit sub-six, for sure.

Post a Comment