Sunday, July 19, 2009 by Daniel

ok, NOW we're back

Taking time off - even just a week - always results in some disturbance of workout equilibrium. After the months of training for the games, I stopped getting sore from just about anything we did. Then I didn't do much for a week, came back and did 280 weighted squat movements in Wednesday's morning, which severely crippled me for several days. It was like the Potomac CrossFit workout all over again.

Sunday's workout went much better. Still a little sore, I was feeling functional by the time we were warmed up.

3 Rounds

16 Kettlebell Swings 2.0/1.5P
12 Burpees
8 Hang Power Clean 135/95
4 Thruster 135/95
Run 400 Meters

21:17, scaled to 115#

Everything was unbroken. I was sharing a bar with Matthew and Bill, but Max started us several minutes apart, so it wasn't really an issue until the last round, when I caught up with them (and lapped Matthew, who was hangdogging). The swings felt good, the burpees went by fairly quickly, and I had just the right amount of weight on the bar for the cleans and thrusters to allow me to do the sets unbroken, but just barely. It felt good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment