Friday, May 15, 2009 by Daniel

I broke my ass.

Climbing this morning was my first clue that my body was not recovered from yesterday. I only did three 10B's, telling myself I was going to take it easy, and after the first climb my biceps/deltoids were screaming at me. I reluctantly agreed to listen to them and stop after only three climbs. I was worried about what would happen with the evening WOD.

Turns out the problem wasn't with my arms. It was with my ass.

Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
75 pound Sumo deadlift high-pull, 21 reps
75 pound Thruster, 21 reps

21:08 DNF (3 rounds)

I had a good pace for the first two rounds - probably would have finished around 30-32 minutes, I think. Unfortunately, I developed a very painful cramp in the back of my left hip/glute, particularly on the SDHPs. I've felt a smaller version of this pain before, usually while running up hills, but this is the first time it has ever gotten so intense that it has prompted me to stop.

More stretching is in order, I think, as well as some hard ball rolling after workouts. Hopefully this won't develop into yet another chronic injury like my ankle and shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment